This look is part of the reason why I love my job. I get to look at
and try on pretty clothes all day! We recently got in this super cute button down in store from Bella Dahl. I am in love with it — to say the least. First of all, everyone looks good in blue. Secondly, you can’t go away for a summer weekend without a white button down. These clothes are great quality and they definitely take the everyday tee to a whole new level. They are known for their plain, but staple pieces. You go BD, you go! I can’t tell you how often people walk into the store and go straight to our Bella Dahl rack. It happens almost everyday. Also, if you like the jewelry I’m wearing or the tumbler in my hand, we have those in store!
I also wanted to use this post to announce that I finally made the decision to switch to WordPress! This decision was definitely a hard one because I was terrified of change and I was also scared that I would lost all of my blog content. Luckily, I managed to keep everything in place! I will update more on my switch and how I like it as the month progresses. As of right now, I’m pretty happy with it!
But, my blog switch is not what we’re here for, right? Let’s get back to business.
Everyone wants to know what to wear on a spontaneous weekend getaway. What if you’re going to the beach? Or on a road trip? As long as you have a few summer staples in your closet, you’ll be good to go.
Let’s talk about the basics
- White Button-down Shirt (similar) – Come on, everyone needs this in their closet. I know I do. I currently don’t have one because I’m too lazy to buy a new one for this summer, but that’s besides the point. The point is, you can wear a white shirt with anything. Pair it with cute light-wash denim jeans or cute, distressed denim shorts. You can even do a half-tuck with bright print shorts. The best part is, it will match anything you already have in your closet.
- Light-wash Denim (similar) – I can’t even begin to explain how often these jeans come in handy. Yes, it is hot in the summer, but there are always chilly nights, especially on the beach. So it’s always good to have a cute summer pair of jeans in your duffle.
- Denim Shorts – I love having a cute pair of distressed shorts that aren’t too short in the summertime. You can wear these with your white shirt, over your swim suit bottoms, or with a cute tank. Whichever way you wear them, you’ll look good!
- Heeled Sandals – You need these for summer dinner parties or to go with your cute sundress. They are extremely comfortable and look great on. They make my legs look longer than they really are and they are a great color. I just love to wear these sandals.
- Lace-up and Flat Espadrilles – These flats will help you create a more casual summer look. They will go with every other outfit you plan. You can wear them on the beach or at a theme park and you’ll still be stylin’. It’s always good to have two pairs of good sandals to have during the summer. You can’t walk around in your high school Rainbow flip flops forever!