How to Wrap the Perfect Christmas Present
- Make sure you have everything you need before you begin. I always have scissors, tape, ribbon and a small bag to put my scrap paper in so that I don’t make a huge mess.
- Pick the right size box! This is so important. You don’t want a box that’s too small (because your gift will look bulged) and you don’t want one that’s too large (because the present will rattle inside the box). If you’re wrapping a clothing item, be sure to wrap tissue paper around it inside the box. It makes all the difference.
- Lay your box down onto the paper bottom-side up so that your present will have a nice, smooth surface on the top when you’re done.
- Measure how much wrapping paper you’ll need by pulling each side of the roll over the present in order to not over-use the paper. Only cut as much as you need.
- Tape one side of the paper on the back, center of the box.
- Cut the other side of the paper, and then do a small fold before taping that side on-top of the side you just taped. This makes it look crisp and smooth with no jagged cutting lines.
- Now it’s time to fold the ends. On one end of your box, pull down the paper on both sides towards the center, then create a crease where it is flat.
- Cut the bottom part and tape it up towards the center, fold the top part and tape it over the other towards the center.
- Repeat this process with the other end of the gift.
- Finally, I like to go around and create creases on every edge of the gift so it looks nice and crisp.
There’s Obviously No Exact Science to Gift-Wrapping
My method to wrapping gifts may not be the easiest or the most-effective, but I think it looks nice. I learned how to wrap presents from my mom and my older sister. They are SO good at it. My sister is the best at bows. My mom is the best at wrapping in general. I think I’m the best when it comes to name tags. You should have seen mine last year. Everyone had personalized gold glitter letters on their gifts so they knew which ones were theirs. For me, wrapping is more about the display. I like to make presents look pretty, regardless if the paper and everything will be ripped up and thrown away!
I’ve been pretty absent on my blog lately. It’s because I was finishing up my fall semester and I didn’t have much time for work, let alone leisure. I blog for fun, not for a living. I enjoy blogging and that’s the reason I’ve stuck with it. Now that Christmas is coming up, I’ll have more time to enjoy the season by watching Christmas movies, blogging, wrapping presents, eating candy, drinking hot chocolate and sitting by the fire. Since Ryan and I have a real fire place now, we’ve been enjoying our nights cuddling by the fire and watching movies.
In other news, Winston has been keeping his distance from the Christmas tree! PTL! Everyone was joking with me and telling me to say goodbye to all of my Christopher Radko ornaments because they all thought that Winston would break them, but he’s been so good! He really doesn’t bother the tree. He once got underneath to try to drink the water, but other than that—he’s been a prince. I’m not going to lie, I had my doubts. I thought he would try to destroy my tree, but God must have listened to my prayers because I got really lucky!
Hopefully everyone’s enjoying the Christmas season! If you have any questions, just email me at firstname.lastname@example.org